Wednesday, January 4, 2012

25 Weeks


We are moving right along on the pregnancy train! Toot Toot!

My baby bump is getting bigger each day, and while strangers still don't notice, my loved ones are quite pleased they can see a belly starting to stick out! Staying on the smaller end of things has its pros and cons....

PROS:
  • No unwanted belly touching when I'm out in public...I'm not a fan of strangers groping me (family and friends may touch all they want ! hehe)
  • I can still button my jeans and wear all my normal clothes. This phase is coming to an end I can feel it, but it's nice to know I don't have to spend hundreds of dollars on maternity clothes because I'll only need them for a short while.
  • I can still sleep on my stomach!
  • I don't have to hear stranger's unwanted and illogical pregnancy advice all the time!
  • I've gained 6 lbs total, which HOPEFULLY means, I'll get back to pre-baby size quickly.
CONS:
  • I'm missing out on the pregnancy sympathy treatment. For example, my job requires me to move a lot of heavy surgical trays around the hospitals and OR...there would be NO WAY people would let me do this if I looked pregnant....(I fear it will be a long time before I look pregnant in scrubs!)
  • I think people would be nicer to me if I looked pregnant (I'm a sales rep so we don't always get the sweetest treatment lol)
  • My baby and uterus are the average size at 25 weeks...I'm just not showing it. And with that comes a lot of aches and pains, there's a lot of stuff in there!!!! I just look stupid when I get up from sitting on the couch and groan b/c my belly hurts...my husband is starting to understand this concept, but he still raises an eyebrow that I'm "faking it" lol
  • Round ligament pain is the worst thing right now! My muscles and ligaments are always sore from stretching....I have a theory that if I would just "pooch out" already it wouldn't hurt so bad!
  • People keep telling me I'm not eating enough, when I feel like I'm eating more than I've ever eaten in my life!!
  • People tell me I should stop working out. Hello! The exercise benefits during pregnancy are AMAZING just ask any doctor or baby book!
  • I keep hearing " What does the doctor say about your size? Are you okay??? Is the baby okay!?" I know people are just being nice, but my baby is fine and dandy and the doctors are not concerned in the least (Praise God!)
  • People (mainly women) keep saying, (and I quote) "Oh, well since you've been so small this far along in your pregnancy, you will BALLOON up in the next month or so to make up for it. You will get really big!" Hmmm....I'm not saying it won't happen, but I'm pretty sure that's some unsound medical advice there sista!
  • And lastly, I'm missing out on the "aww" factor. You know when you see a pregnant lady at the store and you just think "How sweet! How cute! What a blessing inside her belly!" ...I know this day is coming too, and I am excited for it!


The last doctor's appointment was a good and boring one ( I know it's a blessing to have a boring doctor's visit!)

Caroline's heart rate was 132 and all seemed to be going well :)




1 comment:

  1. I was really small my first pregnancy. I had a job interview at 34 weeks and they didn't even know I was pregnant, pro or con? Not sure. Stop working out? That's crazy...I worked out til two days before I had my daughter and delivery was easy, keep at it. It is nice to show though when you are pregnant, so I know what you mean. A little sympathy is always nice.

    ReplyDelete