Friday, April 13, 2012

My White Castle Experience





Backstory:

My mother was 13 days late with me. THIRTEEN DAYS? I would have gone crazy. In all her 42 week pregnant bliss she decides to go to White Castle...and goes into labor that night.

My GRANDMOTHER'S last meal before labor with my mother was a White Castle.

That's two generations! Could it work for a 3rd?

I'm exactly 39 weeks...so not past my due date, but very uncomfortable and antsy to meet Miss Caroline.

In my 25 years on this Earth I've never even tasted a White Castle, the smell alone repels me.

So what did I do yesterday??
Ordered a #1



NOT GOOD!

And here is the text conversation between my mother and I after my shameful meal.
That's right. I ATE THREE! (with fries and a Big Red!) I wanted to make sure I ate enough for it to "work". I felt heavy and gross all day.
And while, I suppose, I'm still within the 24-hour time frame for the nasty onion burger to do it's thing...I am still very much pregnant, and very much NOT in labor.

If I ate that yucky food for no reason I'll be a little upset...but at least now I can say I've had White Castle :)



No comments:

Post a Comment