Monday, February 6, 2012

Waiting Results + photo dump!



I've not updated in a while!


I took my preliminary glucose screening test and it came back with a positive result! ( Wait..whaaatt?? )Meaning, lucky me, I got to go do the THREE HOUR glucose test on Friday to see if I actually have gestational diabetes. Boo. That was not a fun test, but it wasn't as bad as people make it out to be (which I am finding is the case with most things in pregnancy lol) I

should find out my results today or tomorrow. My doctor thinks my 1st positive test was a
fluke. I was a little shocked honestly! I've kept my weight down and am SUPER healthy and make it a point to exercise a few times every week! Oh well...it's all in God's hands!

I also found out that I am anemic! Pretty common for preggo ladies (relative anemic b/c the increase in blood volume during pregnancy) but still not super great news! They asked me if I had felt tired recently....to which I responded "umm yes, but I am pregnant?!!!! I'm always tired!" hehe. They just prescribed me some iron supplements to take daily, no biggie :)




In nursery news... my house is an absolute disaster zone. I should invest in caution tape! My parents came in to help with a few home projects before Caroline arrives, and I am so thankful! We got so much done this weekend! However, everything is in a new place! Closets have been switched around, drawers have been emptied, and furniture has been moved! But in a few days everything will be back to "normal" or at least put away!


Here are a few miscellaneous photos related to recent babyness....I will post a 30 week belly shot soon! :)
My "yummy" glucose drink ;)
This is her changing table that we assembled this weekend...it's cherry and matches her crib
A cute little pink dress I can't wait to put her in!
My dear father painting inside Caroline's closet for me :) He looks like a pro!

1 comment:

  1. That dress is adorable!!!

    I'm shocked that you have GD. I guess it just doesn't matte what you do, if you're going to get it you're going to get it. I have to do my test soon. I've been eating way too much junk food, I would not be shocked if my test was positive. I'm kind of secretly hoping it is then I HAVE to eat healthy.

    ReplyDelete